We’re Hiring – Full Time Constituency Assistant
Notice of Job Opportunity – Constituency Assistant
Dr. Leslyn Lewis, Member of Parliament for Haldimand-Norfolk, is hiring a Full-Time and/or Part-Time Constituency Assistant her Constituency office.
- Providing information and support to constituents with federal government programs and services in person, over the telephone and in writing
- Strong ability to handle heavy case load
- Well organized and attention to detail
- Assisting with local outreach and engagement.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with constituents and local stakeholders.
- Attending events with and/or on behalf of the Member of Parliament.
- Drafting communications when necessary
- Performing administrative duties including, but not limited to, maintaining an internal database, coordinating meetings and assisting with the Member of Parliament’s local schedule
- Strong team player
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Firm grasp of the Canadian parliamentary system and familiarity with the Conservative Party of Canada is an asset
- Customer service oriented with strong communication and interpersonal skills a necessity
- Effective analytical skills, attention to detail and sound judgment
- Strong problem-solving abilities and the ability to work efficiently under pressure, respond to short-term demands and adapt to new situations
- Commitment to professionalism and confidentiality
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, email and database management
Position of Constituency Assistant
The office of Dr. Leslyn Lewis, MP is looking for a new team member to serve work full time as our Constituency Assistant. The successful applicant will be part of a complement of staff committed to serving the constituents of the federal riding of Haldimand-Norfolk.
Responsibilities of our constituency assistant include:
- Monitoring local government and community activities to keep the Member of Parliament informed of local and emerging issues.
- Working with Ministry Offices to provide constituents and community groups with accurate information and assistance.
- Working with constituency staff on event logistics, including volunteer coordination, equipment, set-up, and promotion.
- Staffing the Member of Parliament at all local events.
The successful applicant must be tactful, diplomatic, and organized. Tasks include welcoming constituents, correspondence, computer record management and performing other tasks, as requested.
- Strong inter-personal skills, customer service skills, excellent writing, and communication skills.
- A demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective information and advocacy strategies and to exercise diplomacy and confidentiality is an integral part of this position.
- Working knowledge of MS Office is a requirement.
- Ability in to assist in graphic design of brochures and advertising would be an asset
- Knowledge of Haldimand-Norfolk is also an asset.
- Although fluency in French or a second language is an asset, it is not a requirement.
- Workday is 9:00 to 5:00 but some flexibility is required if needed to represent M.P. outside of office hours.
The position is in Haldimand-Norfolk, based in our Simcoe Constituency Office. Interested applicants can forward their resume to: email@example.com.
Salary is commensurate with experience.